Thursday, September 11, 2014

Countour Lines w/ Varying Objects From the Classroom


Complete!!

The focal point of my drawing is the central white shell. My eye travels to this subject first because it almost seems to glow when compared to the prominent gray scale of the background behind it. Next, my eye travels to the lower right corner because of the bright texture on the ovals, and from there, the artwork is identified piece by piece going clockwise. Value is a key component of my work; the eraser tool allowed me to create dips of color around and through objects to show illumination of important subjects. There are also thick and thin black, solid lines as a result of the variation I used in brushes. In fact, the background layer is composed entirely of a large scale, square-oriented brush. To magnify the importance of the wrench at the top of the page I used the glow effect with the assistance of Mr. Powers. Lastly, I incorporated a chalky outline around the top left shell so that it did not disappear into the powerful black values of the piece. Each object emerges from the confines of the page and is evident in its own way. Uniqueness and creativity are priority and I achieved these goals  by varying the strength and shape of my brushes, using a total of 18 layers, using Gaussian Blur for a soft textural background, and by successfully fitting 10 objects on one page with an overall appealing effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment